If you’ve seen The Hangover, you know Mike Tyson has a small, but pivotal and hilarious role. He’s not in the sequel, but if you’ve seen The Hangover 2 previews, you know his infamous face tattoo is – when Ed Helms wakes up with it.
The guy who tattooed Tyson in real life years ago is unamused.
S. Victor Whitmill claims he created AND copyrighted the tat he affixed to Mike Tyson’s face in 2003, and is suing Warner Bros. in federal court.
Whitmill says he’s never allowed anyone to use the image and that the studio violated his copyright by using it on a hung over Helms in the film.
In addition to wanting the scenes cut from the film (don’t bet on it) Whitmill is also demanding a cash settlement of an undisclosed amount.
No comment yet from Tyson, who remains certifiably nuts for having that design – however artistic – tattooed on his face. His face.
Incoming search terms:
- gigi goyette little house on the prairie (1029)
- hangover 2 cancellation (92)
- did ed helms really get a tattoo (83)
- hangover 2 getting sued (79)
- is Ed helms tattoo real (48)
- ed helms tattoo real (48)
- hangover 2 being sued (36)
- the hangover 2 cancellation (32)
- did hangover 2 get sued (30)
- hangover 2 cancelled (26)
- is the hangover 2 canceled (24)
- hangover 2 getting sued for tattoo (23)
- hangover 2 sue (22)
- hangover 2 canceled (18)
- the hangover 2 getting sued (18)
- did the hangover 2 get sued (15)
- the hangover 2 being sued (15)
- did the hangover get sued (14)
- did ed helms get a real tattoo (10)
- hangover 2 (10)
- gigi goyette little house on the prairie picture (10)
- did stew have a real tattoo (1)
- did stew get sued for having mike tysons tattoo on his face (1)
- what all did hangover 2 get sued for (1)